February 3, 2009

Cupid's Sadistic Season

So I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day. It might be because I never had a boyfriend on February 14th (somehow it just worked out that I dated them all before or after, but never during Cupid's Sadistic Season). Or it might be because there are already plenty of opportunities for your loved ones to show that they love you: your birthday, your anniversary, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Graduation Day, Martin Luther King Day, a Wednesday...I could go on. Why do we need another day set aside specifically for this purpose? That's my main beef with the holiday. Everyday should be Valentine's Day, we don't need a special day only once a year to tell others that we love them. So in the spirit of things, I made a few appropriate Valentine's Day Cards today that say: "be mine or die!" signed "kisses, your Stalker". That's right, they're ransom notes, complete with magazine letter cut outs pasted on lined paper.

It means more when you make it yourself... and sign it "your stalker"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What about President's Day? It's such an underappreciated holiday.


P.S. It's Feb. 16th.